Experience Munich and get to know people: Insider tips for long-term guests
Munich has much more to offer than the famous tourist attractions – discover the city off the tourist track and experience Munich in a whole new way during your long-stay! Use our tips to get to know the city and the people of Munich in a very unique way.
Why experience Munich off the tourist track?
If you want to experience Munich off the main track and get to know the people, there are many ways to discover the city from a completely different side. We have put together some tips and info. There are so many hidden corners to discover in Munich – let us surprise you!
Explore Munich’s culture and history
If you stay longer in Munich and want to learn about the city’s culture and history, there are plenty of options. Munich, the vibrant metropolis of Bavaria, has much more to offer than the world-famous Oktoberfest. The city is a treasure chest full of cultural gems and historical roots. The Deutsches Museum, for example, is worth a visit as it is one of the oldest technical museums in the world and offers an impressive collection of exhibits from various fields such as physics or astronomy. If you are interested in art, be sure to visit the Pinakotheken, which houses a large collection of paintings and sculptures from different eras.
Get to know Munich people
There are some events where it is easy to meet new people.
- Socialmatch for example, is a great way to meet new people and spend an evening together. The platform offers various events where you can get in touch in a playful and informal way. Getting to know each other takes place in a relaxed atmosphere and makes for a good change in everyday life. Whether you are new in town or simply want to make new acquaintances, Socialmatch offers an entertaining and effective way to make new friends.
- With Facebook, you have access to a multifaceted platform for making new contacts. Numerous groups offer tips for things to do or introduce people who are looking for new friends. In the group “Neu in München“, for example, various events are announced and you have the opportunity to network with other members. This is not only a great way to make new friends, but also to keep up to date with what’s going on in the Bavarian capital.
Visit hidden cafés and restaurants
Munich is known for its traditional Bavarian cuisine and its cosy beer gardens. But if you wander off the beaten track, you can also discover hidden eateries. For example, visit Café Fräulein, known for its delicious cakes and tarts. Or treat yourself to dinner at the Restaurant Zum Kloster, which is housed in a former monastery and offers a modern interpretation of regional cuisine. If you like it even more exclusive, you should definitely visit the Restaurant Tantris, which has been one of Germany’s best restaurants since the 1970s and delights with its avant-garde cuisine.
Off the beaten track, there are many more insider tips recommended by locals. For example, you can enjoy authentic Bavarian cuisine in small inns and “Biergärten”. You can also find fresh products from the region at the city’s weekly markets and get advice from the vendors. Afterwards, you can cook the fresh ingredients into delicious dishes in the fully equipped designer kitchen.
Turn night into day – find the best bars and clubs in Munich
If you’re in Munich and looking for a fun night out, finding the best bars and clubs in the city is a must. The Bavarian capital is known for its vibrant nightlife scene, offering a variety of options to suit all tastes. Whether you like to dance to live music or meet new friends or colleagues in a relaxed atmosphere, there are countless options. For example, visit Harry Klein, considered one of the most popular techno clubs in Germany. If you prefer to take it a little easier, we recommend a visit to the Jazzclub Unterfahrt or the legendary Hofbräuhaus.
Tips for trips and local recommendations
In addition to our many free included services, such as super-fast wi-fi or towel and bed linen service, you can also claim these services:
- Concierge service from 6.30 a.m. to 10.30 p.m.
- Parcel and mail acceptance
- Discounts at partner businesses
- Luggage storage
- Airport shuttle discounts
- Cleaning service
- Tips on excursions, restaurants and cafés